Clergy Wellness Retreat
Mar 12 - Mar 14
The Illinois Conference is offering a Clergy Wellness Retreat. Why? Because Pastors and other ministry leaders are often under so much stress that they may find themselves just hanging on by a thread, about to burnout from exhaustion. Pastor stress today is enormous. The expectations that people put on their pastors and that pastors put on themselves – can be overwhelming!
Consider these statistics…
- 75% of pastors report being “extremely stressed” or “highly stressed”
- 90% work between 55 to 75 hours per week
- 90% feel fatigued and worn out every week
- 91% have experienced some form of burnout in ministry and 18% say they are “fried to a crisp right now”
- 50% do not meet regularly with an accountability person or group
- 44% of pastors do not take a regular day off
- 31% do not exercise at all, while 37% exercise at least three or four days a week as recommended
○ (excerpt from Soul Shepherding blog/Bill Gaultiere)
You are not alone. We are here to help our leadership thrive in ministry. The Illinois Conference and the Pension Boards-United Church of Christ, Inc. (PBUCC) is here to minister to our clergy and MID’s. We are offering a two day retreat March 12-14, 2020. Registration is coming soon! Space is limited… you don’t want to miss this!